Tuesday, January 6, 2009
In the next section of The Kite Runner Baba and Amir when they have time go to garage sales and buy things at a cheap price. On the weekend they then sell these items at a mostly Afghan market for a small profit. One time when Baba and Amir go to the market, Baba meets a prestigous Afghan general who like Baba was a man of high class before he was forced to flee Afghanistan. While Baba talks to the general Amir notices the generals daughter. After they leave the market Amir asks Baba about the general's daughter and Baba realizes that Amir likes her and warns him that her last relationship didn't go very well. I am glad that the author included something eventful like this because the plot was getting boring but I still don't really understand why the book is explaining the life of Baba and Amir in America. I feel like the setting needs to switch back to Afghanistan because that is where the most climatic parts of the book have happened and where lots of character building took place. For those reasons, I predict that Amir will fall in love with the generals daughter and go back to Afghanistan with her, Baba and the general to find Hassan. I believe that they will try to find Hassan because I would be dissapointed if Amir doesn't see Hassan again in the novel because the main conflict in the novel so far has been Amir dealing with Hassan after Hassan was raped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment